ORBIT ARTS ACADEMY
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
The safety of our students and staff is our utmost concern. Below is a list of safety measures Orbit is making during this time:
Orbit has purchased the following equipment to aide in cleanliness and safety:
- No-touch hand sanitizer dispenser
- No-touch thermometers
- Disinfection UV lamps for intermittent cleaning and daily evening cleaning
- UV-disinfecting lamp box for cell phones (to ensure each teacher’s phone is clean before class)
- Air purifier / surface sanitizer systems
- EPA-/CDC-approved surface cleaner
New Class Protocols:
- No one other than the students and staff will be allowed into the studio, and the lounge area will not be open.
- Students will NOT be allowed to bring school backpacks, food, etc. to the studio—only the required footwear, pre-filled water bottles, sheet music, pencils, and cell phones (student drivers, music rehearsals, and private lessons only). For summer camps, please follow the instructions emailed separately.
- Students must provide their own cloth mask for use during all classes.
- If students are attending only one class, we strongly encourage them to use the restroom at home.
- If students have a fever, cough or sneezing, they are not to attend class. This also applies if anyone in their household has a fever, cough or sneezing.
- Students will have their temperature taken before entering the building. An outside screening station has been established. There, students will check in, be screened, and then directed to class.
- Due to the restrictions on socializing, parents are asked to stay with students until they have entered the building. Additionally, we ask that parents please be at the studio, ready to pick up their children when the students are released from class.
- Students must wash hands and use hand sanitizer before and after each class.
- Class sizes will be limited for safety. Rooms will have designated spacing clearly marked.
- Staff will disinfect the barres, doorknobs, and other frequently touched surfaces between classes.
- Restrooms will be cleaned every hour.
- All students attending classes at the studio will be required to sign an updated waiver/release form.
- An outdoor, tented area will be established for students who have gaps between classes where they can safely wait.
- Exterior doors and windows will be open and fans will direct air flow outside to improve ventilation (as weather permits).
- Water fountains will be unavailable—students must bring their own water bottles.
- Deep cleaning of the studio will take place at the end of every day.